As a result of the successful cooperation with the U.S. Embassy in Sofia, AUBG Student Government is happy to announce a Field Trip to the Embassy on Friday, March 20, 2015. The bus leaves at 10:30 a.m. from Skaptopara Campus (it will be parked on the Main street above Prego) The official tour of the Embassy starts at 1:00 p.m. and finishes at 5:00 p.m.
The US Embassy Trip Agenda:
1. Welcome to the U.S. Embassy
3. Press Work at the Embassy
4. Cultural Work at the Embassy
5. Political/Economic Work at the Embassy
6.Consular Work at the Embassy
7. Summer Work & Travel
8. Possible Internships with Commercial Services
Please be advised that the number of students who can be accommodated by the Embassy is limited, and thus only the first 50 students who apply will take part in the trip.
If you want to participate, please send your Names, AUBG ID Number, Bulgarian ID Card Number/Passport Number and Date of Birth to the official Student Government Email email@example.com no later than Thursday 12th March 23:59.
The field trip is free of charge!
The AUBG Literary Society is happy to invite you to the second edition of the ultimate nerd-off.
Sign up in teams of three by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday midnight and show off your smarts to win three 20LV Helikon gift cards.
And don’t worry about coming up blank for an answer, your Literature professors will be there to lend you a hand (and their PhDs).
Student Government is happy to announce that the cooperation between the SG and the Presidency of Bulgaria continues this year as well. There are two topics for the essay competition and the participants are free to choose which one they prefer: 1) “BULLETin: (EU)kraine?” and 2) “Charlie: The guilt in speech and bullets”
All currently enrolled students at AUBG are welcome to apply and get the chance to do an internship at the Presidency of the Republic of Bulgaria. All you need to do is:
1. Submit a concisely written essay by midnight on February 21, 2015 from your AUBG e-mail account
2. Do not write your name on any page of the paper
The first ever Student Government Essay is organised in cooperation with the Presidency of the Republic of Bulgaria, and the Strategic Policies, Analyses and Prognoses Unit. The author of the best essay will win a two-month internship starting from June 2015 at the Strategic Policies, Analyses and Prognoses Unit of the Presidency. Second and third place winners will be announced at the official award ceremony at the Presidency of Bulgaria in Sofia. All charges will be covered by the Student Government.
AUBGTalks is looking for a Video Production Manager to join our team.
What you will do:
· Manage a team of 11 videographers and video editors
· Work with videographers to make sure events covered by AUBGTalks are recorded properly
· Work with video editors to help them produce the final videos
· More details about the position here: Production Manager Profile and Production Manager Workflow
Why you should apply:
· Gain valuable management experience!
· Learn how to manage video production in real life!
· Be part of an awesome team!
· Help spread videos of AUBG’s great guest speakers!
· Previous video-making experience
· OPTIONAL: Previous people management experience is a plus
Apply now at aubg.edu/talks/apply
Deadline: Friday, Feb 13 at 11:59pm
- AUBG International Student Film Festival brings you two days of unforgettable fiction, non-fiction and animation films! Find The screening schedule down below:
An amazing line-up of student short films from universities like Stanford (the 2015 Oscar nominated doc short White Earth is in the program!), Northwestern (Chicago), South Wales (UK), DePaul (Chicago), George Washington (Washington DC), South-West “Neofit Rilski” and of course AUBG ( you will find a good combo of new and old shorts, have you heard about MISS AUBG documentary? Nope? Well look at the screening schedule and be sure to attend the screening!) More info about each of the films(stills, synopsis, logline) can be found here:https://aubgisff.wordpress.com/
For more updates RSVP here https://www.facebook.com/events/366108793576658/
The second day AUBgisff brings you
THE LAST BLACK SEA PIRATES documentary screening |7:30pm| ABF THEATER| free entrance|
The director Svetoslav Stoyanov will be in attendance ready to answer your questions!
The Last Black Sea Pirates swim in testosterone and rugged tenderness in a land of wilderness and legends, far from civilization. For 20 years, Captain Jack The Whale and his crew have been drinking, dreaming and hunting for a treasure buried in the gully of Karadere, the pristine beach they call home. But someone else has got wind of Karadere’s treasures. When news of imminent change begin to find its way to this remote oasis, the pirates’ world begins to unravel. Doubts erode the foundations of trust, conflicts brew, tensions are on the rise.
In this crisis, emerges a contemporary tragicomedy about the treasures we hunt and those that we find